Need A Handicap Placard?

One Quick Trip!

Need to obtain a handicap placard?

Here’s the quick and easy way to obtain your handicap placard–we will cover first-time handicap placard’s, renewals, and replacement handicap placards. In this video, we explain what you will need, whom it is for, and where you can get a certificate of eligibility for a parking placard.

First-time handicap placard:

A first-time handicap placard is for a person with significant mobility limitation. You will need a certificate of application for a handicap placard and you must be present to take a picture. You can get a certificate of eligibility for a parking placard form online at www.mvdnow.com/dmvforms or from one of our eight convenient locations. A current New Mexico Driver’s License or ID is no longer required, nor is proof of New Mexico residency. The applicant’s address on the Certificate of Eligibility for Parking Placard is sufficient.

Handicap placard renewal:

Handicap placards may be permanent or temporary. Your doctor will determine the time the placard is valid. If the placard is temporary, you will need a new application in order to renew.

Replacement handicap placard:

In order to get a handicap placard replacement, you will need to fill out sections A, B, and E on the application. As well as have one of our friendly MVD Now agents take a picture for your replacement placard.

These are the requirements for the first time, renewal, and replacement handicap placards. For more information, call us at 505-341-2MVD to speak with one of our friendly DMV specialists or visit our New Mexico Handicap Placards services page. #OneQuickTrip